|2||pound||chicken, cut in serving pieces|
|1||medium||onion sliced thinly|
|1/2||cup||Tamarind fruit, or 3-4 tablespoon tamarind mix|
|2||cup||Kangkong leaves (Water Spinach) or Bok choy|
|2||pcs||Siling Mahaba (Finger Peppers)|
|1||pc||Eggplant cut diagonally|
|1||cup||Sitaw cut in 2 in. length (String Beans)|
|1/4||cup||Patis (fish sauce)|
- Heat oil in a casserole over medium heat sauté garlic, onion, garlic and tomato. Press tomato to turn it little saucy
- Add chicken sear it till no more pink color, put in fish sauce let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add water, tamarind mix (or tamarind fruit) and radish let it simmer for another 10 minutes. (if using tamarind fruit boil it till soft, remove from casserole and place in strainer, remove skin and seed, use a cup of water to extract the juice out of tamarind, put the squeezed juice of tamarind back to the casserole and continue with the rest of procedure.
- Add eggplant simmer for 10 minutes then add string beans and finger pepper simmer for 5 mins
- Finally add the water spinach and add salt if needed. Let it cook for three more minutes (add salt and pepper if needed) and it’s ready.