|4||pound||beef chuck roast quartered|
|1||piece||medium size onion, diced|
|1||tablespoon||whole peppercorn, crushed|
|1||piece||medium size onion, quartered|
|1||piece||red bell pepper, sliced|
|4||piece||small size potato, quartered (precooked, fried)|
|3||tablespoon||All-purpose flour (for dredging)|
- Season beef with salt and pepper, and dredge with flour.
- Heat the pot on medium-high heat, add oil and brown the beef on all sides.
- Add the diced onion and garlic, saute until translucent.
- Put-in the tomatoes, crushed peppercorns, olives with their juice, quartered onion, bay leaves, and bouillon cubes to the pot; bring to a boil. Stir the ketchup into the mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour.
- Add the red bell pepper to the mixture and continue simmering another 30 minutes.
- Add potato and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ready to serve.
if sauce is too thin, dissolve 1 tablespoon flour with 1 tablespoon water and stir into sauce to thicken.